WE HAVE FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TO JOIN OUR DEDICATED FREELANCE WEB DEVELOPMENT TEAM.
WEB DESIGNER DUTIES CAN VARY DEPENDING UPON THE TYPE OF ORGANISATION WORKED FOR AND THE TECHNICAL LEVEL OF THE WEBSITE, BUT CAN INCLUDE:
- meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them;
- drawing up detailed website specifications;
- designing sample page layouts including text size and colours;
- designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs;
- presenting initial design ideas to clients;
- coding using a variety of software;
- working with different content management systems;
- search engine optimisation;
- meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy;
- designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client;
- proofreading content and making changes where necessary;
- editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
- working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers;
- liaising with outside agencies;
- testing the website to ensure it is working;
- handing the completed website over to the client;
- post-sales technical support;
- training client's staff;
- researching current design trends;
- continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
- Consciousness to customers changing and adaptable requirements
- Variable rate per project, to be discussed on a per-project basis. Payment will be made upon project completion.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
YOU WILL NEED TO SHOW EVIDENCE OF THE FOLLOWING SOFT AND TECHNICAL SKILLS.
- HAVE SKILLS IN SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING AND GRAPHICS
- HAVE CREATIVITY AND IMAGINATION
- BE ADAPTABLE AND ABLE TO PICK UP NEW TECHNIQUES
- HAVE GOOD INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- BE ABLE TO WORK ON THEIR OWN OR IN A TEAM
- BE ABLE TO WORK TO TIGHT DEADLINES
- BE THOROUGH AND PRECISE IN THEIR WORK
- BE ABLE TO MULTI-TASK
- BE AWARE OF INTERNATIONAL WEB STANDARDS AND PROTOCOLS
- BE ABLE TO USE THEIR INITIATIVE.
Technical Skills Preferred
- programming: .net; XML/XSLT; ASP; PHP; Python.
- design and graphics: InDesign; Illustrator; Photoshop; Fireworks; Flash.
- content management system (CMS): Wordpress; Adobe Business Catalyst; Drupal; Ektron; Zope.
Tools Essential to Role
YOU WILL NEED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- PERSONAL COMPUTER
- MOBILE PHONE – NOT ESSENTIAL BUT PREFERRED
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
- WE WILL PROVIDE ALL CANDIDATES ACCESS TO OUR SLACK CHANNEL FOR DIRECT COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ALL EMPLOYEES.
- ACCESS TO ALL ESSENTIAL AND RELEVANT INFORMATION RELATING TO CLIENTS ON AN AS NEED BASIS (THIS IS TO PROTECT CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY)
THIS VACANCY IS FOR FREELANCE WEB DEVELOPMENT, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF REGULAR WORK.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying